Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ken gates

Default how do I total a column with hours and minutes? SUM doesnt work

Gary,
Thanks for the response. How do I take these "text" hours and minutes and
make them numeric so I can add them, and then what do I have to do to
convert them back to hours and minutes after the math has been done?

"ken gates" wrote:

I have 5 rows of figures which are the result of computing hours and minutes
in each row. I want to total this column and used the formula =SUM(d4:d8)
for the target cell and I get zeros as my answer. No warnings or errors. The
target cell of the sum is formatted to time. What am I doing wrong?