Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zgall1

Default Matching Lists Where List Size is Unequal

I am currently working on an Economics undergrad thesis regarding the
NHL and I have run into a stumbling block that I think can be solved
with Excel. I currently have two lists: list A is a list of player
names in column A with a statistic measuring their value in column B.
List B also has a list of player names in column A with the player's
salary in column B. List A and B have most of the players in common but
some players in list A are not in list B and some players in list B are
not in list A. I want to create a superlist that only has the players
in both lists in it, followed by a column with the statistic measuring
their value and a column with their salary. Is this possible?
One more thing: One of the lists currently has the names as First Name
Last Name (no comma) whereas the other list has the names as First
Name, Last Name (comma followed by 3 spaces). I am guessing that
would have to be fixed before the sorting procedure can take place.

If someone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate and
you'd probably save me numerous hours of tedious work.

Thanks.

--
zgall1
zgall1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31652