Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown

Default how do I total a column with hours and minutes? SUM doesnt work

If d4:d8 contains text (which = 0) then sum(d4:d8) will equal 0.
Rmember that formatting doesn't mean anything if the underlying data is not
what you expect it to be.

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"ken gates" wrote:

I have 5 rows of figures which are the result of computing hours and minutes
in each row. I want to total this column and used the formula =SUM(d4:d8)
for the target cell and I get zeros as my answer. No warnings or errors. The
target cell of the sum is formatted to time. What am I doing wrong?