Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Excel files will not open in web page without being saved disk

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

I do my best to avoid opening excel in MSIE.

koolaid2313 wrote:

When I go to BlackBoard with my home or work computer I can open Excel or
Word files within the web page. I can also open then in a new window if I
choose. My notebook computer always prompts me to save these files to disk
to open them. What setting do I have to change so they will just open?

--

Dave Peterson