Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Howard

Default how can you add more rows in excel 2000?

However - the chances are that if you're trying to use more than 65,000 rows
(or whatever) you'll not be entering these by hand - but by extraction from
somewhere else.

If that somewhere else is a database - leave the data where it is - and use
Pivot Table/Olap cubes to give a drilldownable table. The database can
contain way beyond 65,000 rows - and as long as EACH drill down does'nt
stretch the 65k limit (which is quite likely in most cases) everything is
fine.

Having said all that - cmon Bill - isnt it about time Excel moved beyond
that barrier? Moor'e law would suggest we should be having AT LEAST a million
rows capability by now. (yes, yes I know - if you're using that much data you
should be using a database anyhow - but I LIKE spreadsheets and dont want to
leave home)

Howard at work

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

Unfortunately, you can't increase the number of rows. Versions 2002 and 2003
have the same limitation.

tj

"Khody" wrote:

Is there a way to add more rows to excel's already 65536 rows? In other
words can you expand excel to have more rows then it already has.