Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spike9458

Default You guys are on the ball in here ...

Well I am not sure how you want them, but here is what I need to do;

Click on the start button
click on 'printers and faxes'
click on the desired printer - perhaps this could be a user input
double-click or something
then it would select the 'advanced' tab, and stop here.

The user would then click the user button, input their code, and click ok.

Make sense?

Thanks, --Jim

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
: if you tell us the keystrokes, we can help.
:
: --
:
: HTH
:
: Bob Phillips
:
: (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
:
: "Spike9458" wrote in message
: ...
: Well, I'm not at that console right now ... but basically it's to go to
: the
: start button, click on printers and faxes, click on the desired printer,
: go
: to it's properties, click on the advanced tab, and then click on the
: properties button, and insert the user code.
:
: Sounds like I should read up on VBScript and Sendkeys.
:
: What do you think?
:
: Thanks,
:
: --Jim
:
: "Bob Phillips" wrote in message
: ...
: : It can probably be done with a VBScript using Sendkeys.
: :
: : What are the keystrokes that you use to set it up?
: :
: : --
: :
: : HTH
: :
: : Bob Phillips
: :
: : (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
: :
: : "Spike9458" wrote in message
: : ...
: : Hi All,
: :
: : I don't know where to post this, and I've gotten lots of help here
: : before.
: :
: : What I need is to be able to setup a macro that will launch from
the
: : desktop when the icon is double-clicked. The purpose is to allow
many
: : users
: : to access the spot in the printer setup to input their personal
code.
: The
: : new printer/copier we have is complex, and it's not an easy thing to
: get
: : that setup point.
: :
: : I would be very happy if someone could point me to a help website
or
: : give
: : me some basics that I can do right here on my Windows XP sp2
machine.
: :
: : Thanks so much,
: :