Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DB33

Default Macro, Copy Selected Cells Down a Column

Well my 4 columns are actually C-F-G-J since I hid columns D-E-H-I for
appearance purposes.
I'm not sure if it changes anything to the code but now I seem to get that
msg quite a few times when I try it in columns F-G-J, maybe you know what it
means:

"This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized"

It's a little odd, since I don't get this message when I use it for the first
column..

thanks for your time

Dave Peterson wrote:
It could be that there isn't anything surrounding that column???

If Rng.Column 1 Then
OffsetCol = Rng.Column - 1
Else
OffsetCol = Rng.Column + 1
End If

I guessed at how the lastrow should be determined. Do you have a fool-proof way
to do it?

WOW DAVE!!
you are a genius!!

[quoted text clipped - 45 lines]