Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Default Filling a series

Hi!

See reply in .Excel

sorry i dont' follow...I've searched this topic and couldnt'
find anything, can you please clarify. thanks

You have workable solutions at your other post in the Public.Excel group.

While you're getting nowhere in this thread the solution has already been
provided. This is why multi-posting is a bad idea!

Enter this formula in B1 and copy down as needed:

=INDEX(A:A,CEILING(ROWS($1:1)/2,1))

Biff

"jhct" wrote in message

There are no hidden rows, I will clarify what I mean with an image.

What I want to do is use the fill handle to repeat this series down
colum B. So I want cells B5 and B6 to populate as =A3, then the next 2
cells down =A4.

Your example above goes up in odd numbers missing all the even numbers
in between, which is my problem. I need each 2 cells to be the next
consecutive number.

|Filename: example.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4364 |

jhct