Biff

Hi!

Yesterday you wanted them in descending order!

Peo gave you the *BEST* solution available. However, if
you *REALLY* want overly complex formulas to do something
that is otherwise pretty simple here they a

Assume your data is in the range A1:B18.

To return the names in ascending order based on totals:

=INDEX({"Jim","Rose","Bill","Bob"},MATCH(SMALL(SUM IF
($A$1:$A$18,{"Jim","Rose","Bill","Bob"},$B$1:$B$18 ),ROW
($A1)),SUMIF($A$1:$A$18,
{"Jim","Rose","Bill","Bob"},$B$1:$B$18),0))

Copy down.

In an adjacent cell enter this formula to get the totals
also in ascending order:

=SMALL(SUMIF($A$1:$A$18,
{"Jim","Rose","Bill","Bob"},$B$1:$B$18),ROW($A1 ))

Copy down.

I myself would use Peo's suggestion of an advanced filter
to copy unique records and then do a simple sumif followed
by a sort ascending.

Biff