Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary''s Student

Default Cell won't accept date past year 2009

Select an un-used cell and format it as general. Then enter 40224

The re-format the cell as date and you should see 2/15/2010

--
Gary's Student

"lbrown" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where a date in the future needs to be entered; however,
when I attempt to enter any date over the year 2009, it doesn't accept the
cell and the entry vanishes. The format is set for date. Am I missing
something else that I should be looking for? The spreadsheet was built
internally but is no longer here.