Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Creator

Default Constant cell

Hi, it's very simple. You merely give the cell a name and thereafter you
refer to the cell by it's name.

1. Name the cell
Select from the menu the following options;
Insert/ Name/ Define
(then give the cell or range a name);

2. Refer to it by name
When you need to insert the cell reference into a formula select from the
menu the following options
Insert/ Name/ Paste
(then select the name from the list);
or you can simply type in the name.

ps. it helps if the name you give describes the cell value, e.g. Cost, or
Amount_of_apples etc.

Good luck

--
Creator

"Aurora" wrote:

I am using Excel 2000
I need to create an "if then type formula" that keeps 2 cells constant. I
want to use two cells within the formula over and over again as I copy the
formula many times. I thought I could format the cell reference like this --
$B$32. But that did not seem to work. I can not think of what this is
called to even look it up. Can anyone help me or at least point me in the
right direction for help. I also need to know if I can use two of these type
of cell references within one formula.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Aurora