Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff Pines

Default Excel XP Crashes

Dave - I tried changing to a different printer (different manufacturer, so
different driver), and checked that zoom was 100% - but it still crashed.

I did Jim's round-trip through html and that seems to have solved the
problem. Interestingly, I had previously tried round-tripping through Excel
2003 (which did not crash), but that was not enough to make it usable in
Excel XP. The round-trip through html did the trick. Go figure.

Thanks for the help!

Jeff

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Jeff,

There is one more trick I've read about...
Round trip the file by saving it as a web page (file type Html).
Then open it and save it back as a regular workbook (.xls).

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA