Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
sarahlbdarling

Default Need to create an excel chart 21 depts jan-feb 04-06 how?

I have a list of data that is basically the wages cost per department per
month for 2004 and 2005 and I want to add 2006 to it. I have tried everywhich
way of using the chart wizard in excel with no success and have tried a
pivotchart/table using the wizard with no success. The regular chart will
only display the value on the Y axis and either the department or the month
on the X axis, I cannot get it to do for example Sales and show Jan 04, 05
and 06 next to it (the data is laid out this way). Using the Pivot table all
I get is a total eg 21 departments..............not even a chart just another
sheet with only that info on it! Help please I have spent the past 2 hours
trying to do this one simple thing! should I go back to pen and paper?