Stephen POWELL

Thanks, Frank. I forgot to mention that when I open all the source workbooks
the linking formulas in the destination workbook produce the correct results.
You may be on to something so I went back and re-performed the EVALUATE
FORMULA and the way I first presented it is accurate. I'm still baffled.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
this is not a valid reference you have created. The valid reference
would look like:
SUM('path\[filename]\worksheet'!$C$27:$J$27)

You may post the complete formula

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Stephen POWELL" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
1. Working in a network environment.
2. My dependent workbook in one subdirectory links to several source
workbooks all in one other directory (this has never been a problem

before).
3. All such linking formulas show "#REF!". But everything worked

fine last
week when I created the dependent workbook with its links.
4. Formula in dependent workbook is:
SUM(INDEX(...BLAH...BLAH):INDEX(...BLAH...BLAH))
5. I have used TOOLS/FORMULA AUDITING/EVALUATE FORMULA to confirm

that the
INDEX arguments within the SUM formula each evaluate to the proper

cells in
the source workbooks. In other words, I proceeded through EVALUATE

FORMULA
until I got

SUM('path\[filename]\worksheet'!$C$27:'path\[filename]\worksheet'!$J$27
) and
the next EVALUATE step produced the "REF!".

Any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Stephen Powell