Gord Dibben

John

Would changing background color of locked cells be of any use?

Sub Locked_Cells()
Dim Cell As Range, tempR As Range, rangeToCheck As Range
'first select a range of columns or CRTL + A
'check each cell in the selection
For Each Cell In Intersect(Selection, ActiveSheet.UsedRange)
If Cell.Locked Then
If tempR Is Nothing Then
'initialize tempR with the first qualifying cell
Set tempR = Cell
Else
'add additional cells to tempR
Set tempR = Union(tempR, Cell)
Next Cell

'display message and stop if no cells found
If tempR Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "There are no Locked cells " & _
"in the selected range."
End
End If
'select qualifying cells
'tempR.Select
tempR.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:15:42 -0000, "John" wrote:

I just want to display, listed, on a a blank sheet those say within a
certain range. Its in order to protect cells I want to protect and identify
ones that are not. The default is obviously Protect, but I've worked a good
bit on the sheet so want to be sure

Thanks

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
you could do this with VBA cycle through all cells. How do you want to
output this information and is VBA feasible for you?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is it possible to list a list of protected Cells in a worksheet,

without
having to Right Click on each cell?

Thanks