Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Default Custom Formatting

You are very welcome
--
Gary''s Student

"Nikki" wrote:

Thank you- I knew I had used something to do this before- I was just drawing
a blank. thanks again
--
Thanks,
Nikki

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use conditional formatting with equation is:

=AND((LEN(A1)=8),(LEFT(A1,6)="PD10/ "))

This will be true if the first 6 characters match your pattern and the total
length is 8 characters (which covers your ** condition)
--
Gary's Student

"Nikki" wrote:

I want to format a row to change background color if a cell in the row says
PD10/ 05. But it won't always say 05- how can I make a generic for that in
an equation.
I tried "pd10/ **" but it didn't like that. Is there a way to do this?
--
Thanks,
Nikki