Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
streetboarder

Default Averaging Last 6 Months

I have a cell (c3) that it titled 6 month average where I need the
formula.

Then to the right I have cells for given months:
d3 = July 05
e3 = August 05
y3 = April 07

In those cells I have the my number I need to average. In this case it
is total deposits. I need a average formula that does the following:

Data Range: D3:CC3
I need to average that last 6 months of data for reporting purposes
while ignoring blanks and anything over 7 months. Is this possible?

Right now the person is having to change the formula each month, delete
and rename the column headers, etc. What I would prefer is that they
simply hide the given column that is no longer averaged so that it is
still there but not included.

Please let me know if this is possible.
Josh

--