Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff Pines

Default Excel XP Crashes

I have a user with a relatively simple Excel spreadsheet - about 5 tabs, a
couple SUMs and other functions; nothing major. Whenever he re-sizes a
column or auto-fills a formula in the spreadsheet, Excel crashes.

The Event Log shows:
EventID 1000: Faulting application excel.exe, version 10.0.6501.0, faulting
module excel.exe, version 10.0.6501.0, fault address 0x000f7fe9.
EventID 1001: Fault bucket 91348980.

The Online Crash Analysis page says there are updates available for Office
that may help, but when we run Office Update, it says we are up to date.

I can reproduce it on Excel XP on another computer with no problem. Any
ideas?

Jeff