Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pastel Hughes

Default Conditionally Hide Validation "Input Message"

I have full control over the answers as the Validation "list" allows the use
of formulas, however the "Input Message" area of the Validation (where the
question appears) does not allow any formatting, conditional or otherwise,
nor does it allow the use of forumulas. I want this "Input Message" area to
be hidden dependant on the user's previous input responses.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you could use Format|conditional Formatting to "hide" the question--white
font on white fill?

Or maybe you could change the question (adjacent to the cell that gets the
answer??) to a formula:

=if(a2="something","Your real question","Not Applicable")

Or maybe even use
Data|Validation to only allow certain answers.

Pastel Hughes wrote:

I have set up validation for a specific cell which includes a list of
possible answers to a question that appears in the input message. There are
conditions (which I can spell out easily enough) under which the user does
NOT need to answer the question. If he places the pointer on this cell, I
would like to be able to hide this question, , depending on specified
conditions. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

--

Dave Peterson