Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCLIVE

Default Copy Text to Right of Hyphen

One way:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("-",A1))

HTH,
Paul

"ConfusedNHouston" wrote in
message ...
I am importing data from a database that describes hundreds of products
that
we sell. Each product code has a suffix to indicate the container-type
that
it's sold in. The format for these data is "ABC1234-55" wherein the -55
indicates a 55 gallon drum. These suffixes vary from 2 digits to 7 digits
in
lenght; which means I cannot readily use the =RIGHT(cell, 2).

Is there some version of the RIGHT command or some other means by which I
can copy the contents of the cell that are to the right of the hyphen?
For
instance; Column A would have ABC12345-55 in (A1) and XYZ4444-999OW in
(A2).
I'd like to write a function that would paste 55 in (B1) and 999OW in
(B2).

Thanks..