Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Conditionally Hide Validation "Input Message"

Maybe you could use Format|conditional Formatting to "hide" the question--white
font on white fill?

Or maybe you could change the question (adjacent to the cell that gets the
answer??) to a formula:

=if(a2="something","Your real question","Not Applicable")

Or maybe even use
Data|Validation to only allow certain answers.

Pastel Hughes wrote:

I have set up validation for a specific cell which includes a list of
possible answers to a question that appears in the input message. There are
conditions (which I can spell out easily enough) under which the user does
NOT need to answer the question. If he places the pointer on this cell, I
would like to be able to hide this question, , depending on specified
conditions. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

--

Dave Peterson