Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
doon

Default HELP| populate cell with particular value based on multiple condit

i am not sure how to phrase this, but this is what i am after...

I want to populate cell B1 with a particular value based on multiple
conditions in cell A1. I need cell B1 to do the following:

- If cell A1 = "Dog" then the value of B1 should equal the value in cell E21
- If cell A1 = "Cat" then the value of B1 should equal the value in cell F21
- If cell A1 = "Mouse" then the value of B1 should equal the value in cell G21

how the heck do i do this? is this even possible?

many thanks,
doon