Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Conditional Formatting with two cells

What are you looking for, conditional formatting, if so where, or a formula
for F9?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ballastrae" wrote in message
I work in quality and I am trying to write a certificate that will

indicate
if a product does not meet specifications. The problem that I have is the
product has a min and a max value. Example: min 45 max 78. I would like

the
results section to flag in either bold, italic or a color. The result that

key in equals the 45 and 78, is good between this range-so I am trying to

set
it up for this example if my test product value is below 45 and/or above

78.

I guess I could word this a little better--=to 48 or greater, between 48

and
78, =to 78
Here is an example of what I have:
Description Measure Min. Max. Result Result Result
Wax Percentage 48.0 78.0 48.72 78.0 100.0

The min and max are locked and the "Result" section is what has to be

keyed
in when the data is found. So, this is exactly like it would look like on

certificate of conformance. Also, I may have many different samples which

would have to key the results for.

So my excel sheet may look like B9 and D9 for the Max and Min and the
"Result" could be F9, G9, H9, I9, etc.

I juct can't seem to write conditional that will work