Vikrant Vaidya

Hi
there absloutely no problem using vlookup across workbooks. But the naming
is a bit different.
Eg. you have 2 workbooks "book1.xls" and "book2.xls"
you want to access a datarange sheet1!$a$1:$c$35 from book1.xls by a vlookup
function in book2.xls. Then in book2.xls got to insertnamesdefine
There in 'Refer to..' selsct the datarange from book1.xls or type
=[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$a$1:$c$35

This should do the trick. Also confirm the formatting of the list and source
value cells is the same. This sometimes causes such errors.

vicky

"kalz" wrote:

Dear all,

I find trouble while trying to do vlookup in Wkbook A, from a row in Wkbook
B. In the table array, it returns #Value! . I'm unsure if this function
allows cross wkbook utilisation. Or is there other possible solutions please?
Thankyou!