Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zhj23

Default skewness issue

You should use the Class Mid-point and not any arbitrary value. For instance,
15 for the class 10-20.

However, EXCEL, being a non Statistical software, is quite limited on this.
(You have to type 2589 of the 15s). It is better to use a high grade
statistical software, such as SPSS to avoid the tedious typing.

Zhj23

"Embee" wrote:

I'm trying to find skewness for this distribution. I know how the
skewness function works but I'm not sure how to deal with this dataset
I have.

Bin..........Freq
0-10........78
10-20......2589
20-30......922
30-40......11

So, all I know is how many values are in each bin (not what the values
are themselves). Does that mean I have to type in an arbitrary value
of the 2nd bin 2589 times in order for Excel to understand what I'm
looking for? Anyone know of a shorter way? Thanks.

--
Embee
Embee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31455