Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Default drop down box

Hey Otto, thats pretty neat. I'll have to file that one away.

Thanks,
Howard

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
There is one way to that. Go into your list and insert some entries.
Enter an "A", by itself, in the cell above the first "A" entry. In other
words, the first cell of the entries that start with "A" should be a cell
that contains ONLY an "A". Do the same for the group that starts with "B"
(add a cell that has only "B" in it, no quotes). Do this for every
letter.
Now, if you type, say, a G, and click on the down arrow, the list
displayed will start with that cell that has only G in it. HTH Otto
"jwfakouri" wrote
in message ...

I have a drop down box that is large. Is there a way if I type the
letter A it will take me to the A's or the letter B and box will go to
the B's.

thanks,
Jason

--