Jack Sheet

If you name the range of salespersons in colunm A to be called SalesPersons
and name the range of sales in column B to be called Sales
then in cell E1, array-enter the formula
=MAX(SUMIF(SalesPersons,SalesPersons,Sales))
(hit control+Shift+enter when entering the formula, which should then be
displayed in curly brackets in the formula bar)

Still thinking about the formula for cell D1. That is the challenge.

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears
"Jim Gentile" wrote in message
If the A column lists the salespersons name, and the B column lists their
sales. I would like a formula that will total all individuals' sales, and
then list the top sales in a separate cell, with the name of that
salesperson
in the cell next to the totaled sales.

For example: based on the numbers below, I would like Amber to appear in
D1
and $297.69 to appear in E1. Thanks for your help.

Amber $158.69
Amber $139.00
Beverly $139.87
Beverly $41.90