Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Default SORTING TEXT AND NUMBERS

I would use a helper column to CONCATENATE a .1 on the end of all the numbers
with a leading asterisk, and then use Edit Replace to get rid of the
asterisks, then all should sort normally.........you can reverse the
procedure at the end if you wish.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"jstephenson" wrote:

i am trying to sort a non sequential list of numbers mixed with numbers
marked with an asterisk in front, such as on a bank statement of checks:

1224
1222
*1223
1221
1227
*1225
1228

and so on. When I sort, all of the numbers with an asterisk are grouped
together. I formatted them as text with the same result. Is there anything
i can do?