Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sramsey

Default Easiest way to delete blank cells in column (not entire row)

Thanks Dave - it didn't work for me though - I realized that they aren't
truly blanks, they contain a formula =IF(COUNTIF($A$3:$A$4823,C3)=0,C3,"") it
appears that those are blanks...any new ideas?
--
sramsey

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Select the column
edit|goto|special
check blanks
edit|delete
and choose to shift the cells up.

sramsey wrote:

Can anyone refresh my memory as to what would be the easiest way to delete
blank cells within a column of data. (Not the entire row - just individual
cells and shift them up to have a list without blanks). I know there are many
ways to do this, some more advanced than others, but I am looking for the
most simple. Thanks in advance!
--
sramsey

--