Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

Default Cell formatting issue

Sounds as though your account # is 16 or more characters and Excel can only
handle a 15 digit number.

To get around this, make sure you format the cell as text OR type an
apostrophe before the account number. That way Excel will treat it as text
and will accept the whole account number.

If you've already entered the # and then change the formatting to text, it
won't 'fix' existing problems; you'll have to re-enter the #s as text.

"sissyshame" wrote:

I have a list of account numbers in a column and in every cell as I type
excell changes the last digit to a 0. I have checked formatting and have
changed to text, number, etc...nothing is working!