Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Default including current date in formula

If you have 2/1/2006 (February 1) in cell A1, the following will return "2":
=MONTH(A1)

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Candace" wrote in message
I need to include the current month (such as 1, 2 3, ... etc for the number
of the month) in a formula. What I am doing is taking a total amount and
dividing that by the number of the current month (such as 2 for February)
and
then multiplying that by 12. For example

D12 / (month of the year) * 12

But I need to replace "month of the year" with something that actually
works
in a formula. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.