Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Flower

Default convert decimal numbers to a fraction of an hour for payroll h

This was pretty good to know for future. thanks
I am still unsure how to do my formula for this. Let me explain it again.
the way this company uses the payroll round of minutes is as follows
8.13 to 8.37 = between .13 and .37 is considered 15 minutes
between .38 to .62 (e.g. 8.52) is considered 30 minutes (8 1/2 hours)
..63 to .87 is considered 45 minutes and .88 to .12 is considered 1 hour

the hours are there but the numbers after the decimal points are rounded to
the equilant 15, 30, 45 or 1 hour.

so how do you set the formula for the change only at the decimal levels to
either of the four rounded minutes.

If you can help answer this, I would really appreciate.

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use

=CEILING(A1,0.25)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Flower" wrote in message
need to convert payroll hours to 1/4 of an hour.

e.g 123.56 convert to 123 hrs and 45 minutes
123.78 convert to 124 hours
decimals of 0-25 = 15 minutes
26 - 50 = 30 minutes
51 - 75 = 45 minutes