Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default Find the earliest date in a range of dates?

Ps. That 0 could be on a hidden row, too???

Dave Peterson wrote:

I bet you have a 0 in that range.

It could be hidden by formatting (or conditional formatting), but it's there.

If you select A1:A455 and edit|find
search for 0
(Match entire cell contents)
you may find it
(or search for 0-jan-00 if it may be formatted as a date)

If it turns out you have to leave the 0's in your data, you can use a different
formula to ignore them:

=MIN(IF(a1:a4550,a1:a455))

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

====
But I'd do my best to clean the data.

Rachel Williams wrote:

I am trying to use a function that will find the earliest date in a wide
range of dates. I have tried using =MIN(A1:A455) but it returns 0-Jan-00.
There are no spaces in the range.

--

Dave Peterson

--