Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
andyiain

Default CSV Date Format and General Arrrggghhh-ness

Hi and help.

I've got a csv file with lots of lovely information in it including
many a date field.

In the csv the date is in the format mm/dd/yyyy (or if there's a
leading zero m/dd/yyyy or mm/d/yyyy or m/d/yyyy), my problem is that
when I bring this in to excel it will recognise all of the dates with a
day of below 13 in the format dd/mm/yyyy and the other dates just go in
as text.

I can easily use a few text forumlea to reverse the day and month on
the ones recognised as text and these can happily be used as the
correct date but for the other dates they are taken as the wrong date
and I can't figure out a way or getting these back to being correct.

Any ideas?

--
andyiain
andyiain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8335