Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How do I protect certain cells?

Cells are locked or unlocked (format|cells|protection tab)

The "locked-ness" of the cell doesn't really do much until the worksheet is
protected. (Tools|protection|protect sheet).

So lock the cells you want (should be the default state unless you changed
something) and unlock the cells you want unlocked. Then protect the sheet and
you're off and running.

Remember that worksheet passwords are very easily broken. It's really not meant
for security.

malakingaso wrote:

I need to protect certain cells on my spreadsheet. How do I do so? I
only see an option to protect worksheet or workbook.

--
malakingaso
malakingaso's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31273

--