Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Elwood

Default need help charting a time progression for investments

Here's the data that I have:

A B C D 1
Investments Initial current purchases
2 BigCorp1 9681.03 11108.07 10-21-04
3 Another1 7761.28 8914.30 10-21-04
4 Oboy1 5564.50 6789.10 2-5-05

What I need to show is, for each investment, to show the change (up or
down), and across the X-axis, to show the time passed. So, for
example, I can see that the person bought BigCorp1 on 10-21, and it's
grown n-amount, and they bought Oboy1 on 2-5, and it's grown n-amount,
etc.

Is there a way to do this in one chart? I'm lost as to what data
series(s) to select and how to set it up. Any help would really be
appreciated!

Thanks,