Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
starlifter

Default excel 2003 tracking error

Well you were correct, it was not any data from the O column. There was a
shrunk column and it was pulling data from that column. I had never seen the
tracking error before. Thanks for your help, it did make me look in the
right area!
--
sl

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

So you're using this formula:
=sum(D3:N3)

I don't think you're getting O2:O1 included in this sum.

(Well, unless you have a formula in D3:N3 that includes those values--but that's
not quite the same thing.)

If you select D3:N3 and then rightclick on the bottom right corner of the
statusbar (where those embossed boxes are), you can select Sum.

Do you get the results you expect?

If there's a problem, maybe selecting smaller and smaller ranges will help
isolate that problem.

And if this doesn't help, please post the exact formula that you're using. And
all the values in D3:N3.

I think that's the only way to help.

starlifter wrote:

I have tried it several ways, selecting a blank cell and hitting the SUM icon
and typing in the range and by selecting a blank cell and highlighting the
cells I wanted to SUM. Any way I try it still calculates the cells above,
which I do not want in the SUM. Want cells D3:N3 in the SUM and it
calculates those plus O2 and O1. Never had this happen before.......

--

Dave Peterson