Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Philip Reece-Heal

Default subtract column E to column D in every row

In F1 type =D1-E1. That will give you the answer in F1.
Now select F1 and select Copy from the Edit menu. Now highlight all those
cells in column F that you are interested in (select F2 and then hold down
shift key and click in the last cell you want in column F) then select Paste
from the Edit menu

Best of luck
Philip
"junkgrrl" wrote in message
does anyone know how to subract two columns for each row?
D E F
1 3 4 1
2 2 3

instead of me subracting column D from E for every row, is there a formula
can use to get the diffence to enter in column F? I have about 1000 rows
do, and it's just taking so long.

thanks