Ron de Bruin

Hi Bob

You can use this function
=COUNTIF(B1:B24,"x")

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Arge" wrote in message ...
I am setting up a very simple spread sheet with a work schedule for volunteers.

In Fields A-4 through A-24, I have their names. In fields B-4 to A-24 I have an X showing they are working that date. These
columns are repeated all the way though T-4 to T-24.

What I am trying to do is have a count of the X's by column at the bottom of each column.

I have tried several different formulas, but keep receiving the error message of the formula you typed contains an error..

I have been reading the newsgroup to see if it had been covered, but could not find anything on it. Of course I could have
followed the newsgroup for more than a day and maybe stumbled across it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Bob