Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sloth

Default How do I hide zero values but keep currency format in P.O. form?

When you format a cell as currency you get a custom format like this
(depending on the otpions you chose)...
$#,##0.00;[Red]$#,##0.00
Choose the type of currency format you want, and then click on custom. You
should see the format like the one above.
if you want 0 values to be hidden, all you have to do is add a semicolon on
the end, like this
$#,##0.00;[Red]$#,##0.00;

"Mamarita" wrote:

I'm creating a purchase order for our company and am having trouble
formatting some cells. I need a currency value in the Total section only if
there is a value in the Quantity and Unit Price section. I formatted the
Total cells to Currency. But if there are no values in Quantity or Unit
Price, zero values appear in the Total cells. How do I format the total cells
to only show price values when there are values in Quantity and Unit Price?