Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
starlifter

Default excel 2003 tracking error

Only one question, I found how to turn off the error icon. The problem is
the sum is inocorrect. The formula is correct, for some reason it is
calculation two cells about the sum that I do not want to be part of the sum.
--
sl

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

xl2002+ have some warnings to developers. If xl looks at your data and sees
something that looks inconsistent, then it'll give you that warning.

Dates stored as text
numbers stored as text
inconsistent formulas
and the warning you got are a few.

Tools|options|error checking tab will show you the list (that you can toggle
on/off).

So if you know your formula is correct, you can ignore that warning.

=====
I don't understand what that second question is, though.

starlifter wrote:

I recently started using excel 2003 and built a spread sheet and when I sum a
group of cells it is calculating cell above it into the sum and I received
the following tracking error.
"the formual in the cell refers to a range that has additonal numbers
adjacent to it"
The cells in the forumal are correct - the ones I want in the formual,
however, it is calculating two cells above the sum total.
--
sl

--

Dave Peterson