Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

Default Multiple instances of Excel

MS has a few user-related issues, but it could always be worse. Much worse.
Firefox/Mozilla products are nice, but gawd....there are some design
screwups that should be used as warnings in computer science classes. And,
there's a bunch of people who've made it their life's goal to defend these
disasters. Open Sauce programming at its worst. :-)

"Carol Crowley" wrote in message
Mouse bad. Keyboard Good!! :] No one here at work knows keyboard
shortcuts
but me!! Must be left over from my unix and VI days ;]

I've noticed that things in the microsoft world aren't always consistent.
damn them. Guess I'll have to start paying more attention when I close
things.

Thanks for the help.

- Carol

"Doug Kanter" wrote:

"Carol Crowley" wrote in message
Oh I know I'm doing "Exit", the big red "X", "Alt+F4". And that closes
Excel
and all open sheets. I know I should use "Close", the little "x",
"Ctrl+F4".

ALT-F, C. Mouse bad. Keyboard good. :-)

However, I use Word more that I use Excel and it doesn't matter if I
use
"Alt+F4", it still only closes one document and leaves the rest alone
and
if
there aren't any others it Exits out of Word as well. I was just
hoping
get Excel to perform the same way.

ALT-F, C. :-)

That's one of the rare inconsistences between Excel & Word. I suspect
there
was (and still is) much bickering about it between the programming teams
around the Jolt Cola machine at Microsoft.