Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Phyllis

Default How do I force values in a cell in excel?

Yes, this is checked off.

Phyllis

"Kevin B" wrote:

I the "Show Error alert after invalid data is entered" checked off? If it
isn't, no error message will appear.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Phyllis" wrote:

I have a simple list of categories that I have put into a drop down list. I
have checked off the Error Alert box under validation and entered a warning
message. I want to force the user to either choose a category from the drop
down list or type it exactly as it appears in the drop down. From all I've
read it seems that all I have to do is check that Error Alert box, but it's
not working. I have tested it and when I enter something that is not part of
the list it just lets me continue. No warning message or anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Phyllis