Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Default How do I force values in a cell in excel?

Be sure you set the Data Validation feature for "Allow List".....then it
will only permit those items on the list, which you establish elsewhere, out
of the way.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Phyllis" wrote:

I have a simple list of categories that I have put into a drop down list. I
have checked off the Error Alert box under validation and entered a warning
message. I want to force the user to either choose a category from the drop
down list or type it exactly as it appears in the drop down. From all I've
read it seems that all I have to do is check that Error Alert box, but it's
not working. I have tested it and when I enter something that is not part of
the list it just lets me continue. No warning message or anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Phyllis