BAC

No.. The column with the SumIf Function is returning values where there
shouldn't be any (I Know the "criteria" does not exist), or may double the
amount that should be there, or is returning zero where I know a value should
exist. As best I can tell, the function is not returning any error results
(such as #N/A, etc)

Thanx

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
do you have error in these columns?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

BAC wrote:
Windows 2000Pro, MSO 2000 Pro

I have two spreadsheets on which I create "Unique" record identifiers
by concatenating two cells using "=A2 & I2" format.

I then have the formula "=SUMIF('102804'!$H:$H,F3,'102804'!$I:$I)"
where the F3 and $H:$H references are to these two columns. The Sumif
is returning completely erroneous data and when I try to re-create
the formula using the wizard, the wizard returns #NUM! as soon as the
H:H range formula is added....

The range Column $H:$H and "F" are both formatted text, and I have
tried other concat options and the trim function to try to "marry up"
the values....

Any suggestions/explanations would be most appreciated

Thanx