Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob van Gelder

Default apply arithmetic functions on special multiple cells

You're on the right track with the paste special subtract and multiple.
Treat that as steps 2 and 3.

Step 1 as follows:
Copy the cells. Paste Special Values

--
Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/

"Zhekka" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey all

I've searched in the group history and haven't found the exact answer
for my problem.

I have an array of cells, each cell is calculated from the previous
one(s) - but not always in the same way (it's not always the same
formula)

from each cell's VALUE i want to substract 1 and then multiply by 100

I tried the special paste feature, but it's problematic, since it
changes the value of the cell, and the next cell's value is changed
(here's an example)

A1 A2 A3
1.2 1.4 1.2

A1: 1.2
A2: = A1+0.2
A3: = A2-A1+1

Here are the desired results:
A1 A2 A3
20 40 20

Now, when applying that special paste, i will get unwanted results:
A1: 20 (as expected)
A2: 1920 ((20+0.2)-1)*100
A3: 190000

I hope I explained myself clearly.