Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dimitri

Default Pivot Table - Running Calculation

Thanks for this - but it only tskes me part of the way to my goal.
You have explained to me how I create 2 running sum columns I need.
Now I need to calculate runningsum 1 as a percentage of runningsum2.
The calculated field dialog box only allows you to select the "base" fields
as factors in the calculated field expression. So , how do I perform
calculations using the runningsum fields?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Assuming you have two fields, Name and Amount.
You have Name as a Row field, and Amount as a Data field.
Drag the Amount Field to the Data area a second time. Double click on it
and choose Options.
In the dropdown for Show Data as, choose Running Total and select Name
as the base field.

If you want the two columns to show side by side, drag the Data button
on the PT to the Total area.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dimitri" wrote in message
I wish to add a column in a pivot table that is a running calculation.
That
is, it uses values from the previous row and values from the current
row. Is
there any way to do this?