Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rikki-Handgards

Default Getting all rows of data that have a value in a particular col

Thanks Biff. Would it still be practical if I had 250 rows of data total and
needed to pull in 10 columns for only about 20-40 rows?

"Biff" wrote:

Is there a way to do this with a formula and not a pivot table?

Yes, but whether or not it's practical depends on how many cells from the
row you need returned and in general, how big is the table of data this data
is being extracted from.

For example, if your table is 50,000 rows by 150 columns and you need all
150 columns of data extracted for each instance of "value", then a formula
approach is not practical.

Biff

"Rikki-Handgards" wrote in
message ...
Hi. Is there a way to list, on a separate sheet, only rows of data with a
value in a specific column? I want to list inventory items (and all data
in
that row) as long as there is a value in column F. If there is no value
in
column F for that inventory item, I don't want it to be the separate
summary
sheet. Is there a way to do this with a formula and not a pivot table?
Thanks!