Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How do I open an existing excel 2003 document

You're opening the workbook via double clicking in windows explorer?

But if you use File|open within excel everything is ok??

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

====
If that's not it, you may want to give more info.

kitchenguy wrote:

I believe a setting/s has been changed in my computer. I used to be able to
open an existing/saved excel document and all the information would be there.
Now I open an existing document and all I get is a blank excel spreadsheet.
How do I revert to the old settings so that when I open a saved document, the
spreadsheet opens with all the previously saved information?
--
Thanks for your help

--

Dave Peterson