Bob Phillips

I can't get a time format of :24:32. Are you sure these are times, not text
strings?

--

HTH

RP

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi

sorts fine for me ... when you sort choose Data / Sort - ensure No Header
Row is selected - then choose descending.

Cheers
JulieD

"Intotao" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
I have a question about sorting times. I have a spreadsheet with 5
columns.
First column is the name of the staff, 2nd - 5th column are the times
associated with the staff member.
These are hours associated, for example 1 hour and 26 minutes (as

opposed
1:26 pm). I have tried formatting as 30:34:12, as well as hh:mm:ss.
Regardless of how I format them it doesn't sort correctly.
The top 6 values for example should be
1:26:22
1:04:33
1:02:42
:52:45
:51:00
:48:00

Yet everytime I try to sort it returns the values as such:
1:02:42
1:04:33
1:26:42
:17:24
:24:32
:29:22

HELP! It's driving me nuts! What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

Intotao